Join our mailing list!



Official PayPal Seal

(Your shopping cart is empty)

  Home > Diane Publishing Books >

Household Food Security in the United States in 2012
Household Food Security in the United States in 2012
 
Our Price: $20.00
By Alisha Coleman-Jensen (au); Mark Nord (au); Anita Singh (au)
Year: 2013
Pages: 41
Binding Paperback
ISBN 978-1-4578-4863-6

Product Code: 1457848635

Description
 
This report shows that an estimated 85.5% of American households were food secure throughout the entire year in 2012, meaning that they had access at all times to enough food for an active, healthy life for all household members. The remaining households (14.5%) were food insecure at least some time during the year, including 5.7% with very low food security -- meaning that the food intake of one or more household members was reduced and their eating patterns were disrupted at times because the household lacked money and other resources for food. The change in food insecurity overall (from 14.9% in 2011) was not statistically significant. The prevalence rate of very low food security was unchanged from 5.7% in 2011. Children were food-insecure in 10.0% of households with children in 2012, unchanged from 2011. Fifty-nine percent of all food-insecure households participated in one or more of the three largest Federal food and nutrition assistance programs. Figures and tables. This is a print on demand report.

Share your knowledge of this product with other customers... Be the first to write a review
Diane Publishing Co
PO Box 617
Darby, PA 19023-0617
1-800-782-3833
 About Us
 Become an Affiliate
 Privacy Policy
 Send Us Feedback
 
Company Info | Advertising | Product Index | Category Index | Help | Terms of Use
Copyright � 2004 Diane Publishing Company. All Rights Reserved.
Built with Volusion