Join our mailing list!
(Your shopping cart is empty)
Diane Publishing Books
Household Food Security in the United States in 2011
Alisha Coleman-Jensen (au)
This report shows that an estimated 85.1% of American households were food secure throughout the entire year in 2011, meaning that they had access at all times to enough food for an active, healthy life for all household members. The remaining households (14.9%) were food insecure at least some time during the year, including 5.7% with very low food security šůÓ meaning that the food intake of one or more household members was reduced and their eating patterns were disrupted at times during the year because the household lacked money and other resources for food. The prevalence rate of very low food security increased from 5.4% in 2010, returning to the level observed in 2008 and 2009. The change in food insecurity overall (from 14.5% in 2010) was not statistically significant. The typical food-secure household spent 24% more on food than the typical food-insecure household of the same size and household composition. Fifty-seven percent of all food-insecure households participated in one or more of the three largest Federal food and nutrition assistance programs during the month prior to the 2011 survey. Figures and tables. This is a print on demand report.
Secret World of the Spy: Stories of Espionage, Deception & Discovery
Travelerís Self Care Manual: A Self Help Guide to Emergency Medical Treatment for the Traveler
Dynamic Nutrition for Maximum Performance: A Complete Nutritional Guide for Peak Sports Performance
Baby Bonding: Giving Your Child a Secure Start to Life
Politician Goes to War: The Civil War Letters of John White Geary
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Diane Publishing Co
PO Box 617
Darby, PA 19023-0617
Become an Affiliate
Send Us Feedback
Copyright ï¿½ 2004 Diane Publishing Company. All Rights Reserved.