Join our mailing list!



Official PayPal Seal

(Your shopping cart is empty)

  Home > Diane Publishing Books >

Household Food Security in the United States in 2013
Household Food Security in the United States in 2013
 
Our Price: $20.00
By Alisha Coleman-Jensen (au); Christian Gregory (au); Anita Singh (au)
Pages: 41
Binding Paperback
ISBN 978-1-4578-5728-7

Product Code: 1457857286

Description
 
This report shows that an estimated 85.7% of American households were food secure throughout the entire year in 2013, meaning that they had access at all times to enough food for all household members. The remaining households (14.3%) were food insecure at least some time during the year, including 5.6% with very low food security, meaning that the food intake of one or more household members was reduced and their eating patterns were disrupted at times during the year because of a lack of money and other resources for food. The change in food insecurity overall from 2012 (14.5%) was not statistically significant. The decline from 2011 (14.9%) to 2013 (14.3%) was statistically significant. The rate of very low food security was unchanged from 5.7% in 2011 and 2012. Children and adults were food-insecure in 9.9% of households with children in 2013, essentially unchanged from 10.0% in 2011 and 2012. In 2013, 62% of all food-insecure households participated in one or more of the three largest Federal food and nutrition assistance programs during the month prior to the 2013 survey. Tables and figures. This is a print on demand report.

Share your knowledge of this product with other customers... Be the first to write a review
Diane Publishing Co
PO Box 617
Darby, PA 19023-0617
1-800-782-3833
 About Us
 Become an Affiliate
 Privacy Policy
 Send Us Feedback
 
Company Info | Advertising | Product Index | Category Index | Help | Terms of Use
Copyright � 2004 Diane Publishing Company. All Rights Reserved.
Built with Volusion