Join our mailing list!



Official PayPal Seal

(Your shopping cart is empty)

  Home > Diane Publishing Books >

Food Insecurity in Households with Children: Prevalence, Severity, and Household Characteristics, 2010-11
Food Insecurity in Households with Children: Prevalence, Severity, and Household Characteristics, 2010-11
 
Our Price: $25.00
By Alisha Coleman-Jensen (au); William McFall (au); Mark Nord (au)
Year: 2013
Pages: 60
Binding Paperback
ISBN 978-1-4578-4652-6

Product Code: 1457846527

Description
 
This report examines the prevalence and severity of food insecurity in households with children by selected household characteristics. An estimated 79% of households with children were food secure throughout the year in 2011, meaning that all the household members had consistent access to adequate food for active, healthy lives. The remainder (nearly 21%) were food insecure at some time during the year, including 10% in which children were food insecure and 1% in which one or more children experienced very low food security the most severe food-insecure condition measured by USDA. This study shows that in 2010-11, 75% of households with food-insecure children had one or more adults in the labor force, including 60% with a full-time worker. More than half of households with food-insecure children included an adult with education beyond high school. Federal food and nutrition assistance programs provided benefits to 84% of low-income food-insecure households with children in 2010-11. Figures and tables. This is a print on demand report.

Share your knowledge of this product with other customers... Be the first to write a review
Diane Publishing Co
PO Box 617
Darby, PA 19023-0617
1-800-782-3833
 About Us
 Become an Affiliate
 Privacy Policy
 Send Us Feedback
 
Company Info | Advertising | Product Index | Category Index | Help | Terms of Use
Copyright � 2004 Diane Publishing Company. All Rights Reserved.
Built with Volusion