Join our mailing list!



Official PayPal Seal

(Your shopping cart is empty)

  Home > Diane Publishing Books >

Household Food Security in the U.S. (2006)
89% of Amer. households were food secure throughou

 
Our Price: $20.00
By Mark Nord (au); Margaret Andrews (au); Steven Carlson (au)
Year: 2007
Pages: 58
Binding Paperback

Product Code: 1437900623

Description
 
89% of Amer. households were food secure throughout 2006, meaning that they had access at all times to enough food for a healthy life for all household members. The remaining households (11%) were food insecure at least some time during the year. About 1/3 of food insecure households (4% of all U.S. households) had very low food security -- meaning that the food intake of one or more adults was reduced & their eating patterns were disrupted because the household lacked money for food. The typical food-secure household spent 31% more on food than the typical food-insecure household of the same size. Over half of all food-insecure households participated in one or more of the Fed. food & nutrition assistance programs. Tables & graphs.

Share your knowledge of this product with other customers... Be the first to write a review
Diane Publishing Co
PO Box 617
Darby, PA 19023-0617
1-800-782-3833
 About Us
 Become an Affiliate
 Privacy Policy
 Send Us Feedback
 
Company Info | Advertising | Product Index | Category Index | Help | Terms of Use
Copyright � 2004 Diane Publishing Company. All Rights Reserved.
Built with Volusion